Thursday, May 21, 2009

Your Early Music Influences

Very moving and fun to read others' comments about early music memories, and the kinds of music you listened to while growing up. I want to hear more about the artists that had an influence for you.

Very early vinyl LP memories: I clearly remember "Gerald McBoing-Boing" making the sounds of the orchestra, because he couldn't talk! (from a Dr. Seuss story.) And some old western group yodeling and singing "with a kay, yai yippy yippy yay..." (--wish I could remember their names!!), and Alvin and the Chipmunks. I fell in love with the Nutcracker Suite and its music.

My daughter introduced me to Weird Al Yankovic and the Talking Heads, all of whom I developed a passion for. I'd missed being aware of them somehow, in my own youth.

The tables and circles keep turning in the music world, endlessly inspiring.

Which artists do you remember from way back?

No comments:

Post a Comment