Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Taking a Joy Ride on the Social Media Bandwagon

There's a whole world of thriving, life-affirming leaders in indie music out there, and the more you look for them the more you'll find. Since I've made it my business to spread the word about the empowering benefits of music for children, more and more fellow artists are surfacing for me, to my amazement and delight. How am I finding them? Through the blossoming networks of social media, and especially through Twitter. As an indie artist, I've used Twitter to find like-minded fellow artists and other positive thinkers all highly motivated to helping one another.

Now I'm doing business and networking with musicians from all over the world: a composer from Brazil, a rock band from Australia, a sound therapist from Northern CA,
a pop world songwriter from Canada, a Gullah culture musician from South Carolina...to name a few...What do we have in common? Sharing the joy of positive, uplifting music, and a sincere wish to support each other in our creative endeavors.

It's an exhilarating experience to be in close contact with such a network. I recommend it highly, and in my next post I'll give some guidelines for how to use social media networking to your best advantage.

In the meantime, what are you finding that works to keep your creative juices flowing?

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I pluck the first note on my guitar, my nerves settle, I become tranquil; the woes of the world drift away on a magic carpet. A carpet woven with the sounds and threads of music. A world I didn’t discover until I was 68 years old. Thank you for my education.

    ReplyDelete