Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Flamenco Guy in Granada

     "I want to marry the flamenco guy who was just playing in Plaza Nueva!"  Daughter G is thoroughly enjoying revisiting Granada, Spain.   Her solo trip to Europe begins where our Mother-Daughter trip took place last year: the south of Spain.  She is enamored of this gorgeous, romantic corner of the world, feeling as if she could stay there indefinitely---forever---live there!
                                                                             
Genny leaning into the Alhambra's magic from her rooftop apartment 
     She is an enthusiastic traveler, at ease and in her stride wherever she goes----loves meeting new people, experiencing new places, immersing herself in the language, culture, history of beautiful places.

     Wandering on in the upcoming days and weeks to encounter the next welcoming adventures in new parts of Europe, this intrepid adventurer, just like her mother, will always feel right at home in "GranĂ¡".  Her heart will always embrace the spirited strains of a certain flamenco artist and the music beckoning under a full, blue moon in a much-loved magical place. 
                                                                                   
Encantada, encantadora

2 comments:

  1. I don't know which is more gloriously beautiful - the place, the journey or the beautiful girl (to me, even though she's a woman). Last night I had a wonderful visit with a lovely 24 year old girl who traveled through England, Paris and the German countryside. She was SO funny and described everything with surprising eloquence. I laughed at some of her funny adventures until tears ran down my face. I'm glad I kept that journal. And I'm so glad your daughter is keeping her's - in photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments and personal notes! Your subtle mention of the journal leads me to believe that I know that lovely 24 year old with whom you share wonderful visits. We have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete