Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Pause Button

     Making a commitment is always a good thing, right?  For the second half of 2015, I made a commitment to myself to commit to posting on this music blog regularly.  Once a week.  Wednesdays.  Seemed like a good idea, and so far it's going according to plan.  Before, weeks---months---would go by and I'd think, "Oh, as soon as I have a good subject, I'll post again."

                                                                       
Cat, Quien Es, enjoying his "paws"
       Just as all the "time-management" experts promise, though, as soon as I made an actual commitment, the time and ideas presented themselves.   The ideas come to me at various times and places, I jot them down, and then I feel a looking-forwardness to my next writing session.  It's a great, in-the-creative-flow feeling.

     For today's post, I'm allowing myself to deviate from my usual music theme, and like the cat in the photo, click my personal pause button and take a break.    In my mind, this counts.  As for keeping the commitment to myself----and to you, Kind Reader, paddling along with me----I think I can, I think I can....chug-chug-chug-chug...

2 comments:

  1. Yes! It's very important to let yourself relax. I'm working on that myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we're in good company with each other! I appreciate your comments!!

    ReplyDelete